(AKA Part One of Alice's Disastrous Recipes)
Hello lovelies! Something a little different for you today, a recipe I concocted only yesterday. Now, most of you may know that I am absolutely awful at cooking and baking, almost disastrous at times, but surely cookies are something that even I can manage with minimal problems (wrong! I'll explain in a minute!)
This is a really simple recipe that requires only basic ingredients and taste absolutely amazing when done, resulting in gorgeous, chunky cookies with gooey, Nutella centres.
I will start this recipe with a huge disclaimer. Do not, ever, microwave a jar of Nutella. I did, and there was a green flash and a smell of death coming from the microwave. The cookies still tasted good though, so it wasn't a complete disaster. As per usual, mum if you are reading this I am SO sorry I killed the microwave and didn't tell you.
Chocolate Chip Nutella Cookies - You will need:
- 225g soft butter or margarine
- 140g caster sugar
- 280g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips
- Jar of Nutella
1. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy
2. Add the egg yolk and mix well. This took me several attempts of trying to separate the whites from the yolk and made a lot of mess.
3. Tip in the salt and half the flour and mix until you have a smooth mixture.
4. Add your chocolate chips! I didn't actually have any so I bashed some chocolate coins with a rolling pin until they looked small enough.
5. Mix in the rest of the flour and it should form into a dough. Mine however didn't as I didn't have enough flour. Not to worry if this happens to you, just wing it like I did.
6. Either cut circles out of the dough, or if you have a gloopy mess use tea spoon to scoop the mixture onto a baking tray.
7. Heat up some Nutella in the microwave. Whatever you do, don't microwave the jar! Scoop some onto a plate or bowl first.
8. Spoon a little Nutella on the cookie shape on the tray, then place another dollop of cookie dough on top, so it's trapping the Nutella.
9. Bake for 15 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius. I probably should have told you that bit first so you could get the oven ready, sorry.
My cookies became absolutely monstrous in size, due to running out of plain flour and chucking some self-raising into this mix. I would actually recommend this, they look rather impressive.
Hopefully this recipe goes well for you! I will add that the cookies do taste amazing despite my multiples mess-ups. I think I might make Alice's Disastrous Recipes a running post (that is if I'm ever let back in the kitchen.)
How did your cookies turn out?
Do you know why my microwave went green?